ISKOI: Classification/taxonomy internship: Chicago: May-Aug

Louise Gruenberg isko at cilea.it
Tue May 5 13:30:07 CEST 2009

I have an internship available for a student intern or recent
graduate, with all funds to be expended before September 1. The intern
would prepare a content inventory and analysis of the web materials
controlled by the ALA offices, with the final deliverable being an
information architecture plan that integrates the materials into the
right place on the website by topic. The ideal candidate would be able
to think analytically about concepts and the relationships between
them, and would learn and use our CMS to make some of the most
significant changes with my assistance.

During July 9-14, the selected intern would assist with a series of
one on one website usability tests with members, in conjunction with
our 11 division webmasters and me. There may also be some additional
accessibility testing with members who have various disabilities. The
selected intern might be asked to analyze and summarize the findings.

The position would probably pay $15 an hour, and could be full time
(35 hours a week) from mid-May to late August. If you are interested,
send a resume and a cover letter to my work e-mail that speaks to your
ability to do this type of work, even if the skills are transferable
ones from other experiences. There is a chance that you could work
remotely for most of the content analysis phase of this if you are not
in the Chicago area.

Louise Gruenberg, MAE, MLS
lgruenberg at ala.lorg
Sr. Usability Officer
Information Technology & Telecommunications
American Library Association
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
312-280-1395